Canton Tire & Wheel is looking for a Lube Technician / Entry Level Automotive Technician to join our team. We are a Local, family-owned business since 1986. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment.
Full Time – Monday – Friday 7:45 – 5:00
As a Lube Technician / Entry Level Automotive Technician, you will gain hands-on by learning how to perform basic automotive services while delivering outstanding service. You will also become familiar with how to mount and balance tires, perform oil changes, and conduct additional automotive preventative maintenance. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
- Hourly pay with potential commissions
- Medical Insurance available
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Uniforms
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Perform oil changes and lubrication work
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic maintenance, minor repairs, and documentation
- Perform multi-point inspection of vehicle including fluids, battery, brakes, belts, tires, etc.
- Perform light line maintenance
- Change or top off all fluids, grease bearings, check/change oil filter
- Change, mount and balance tires
- Check tire pressure and add air if needed
- Provide recommendations to customers regarding their vehicles.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and account for tools
- Promote teamwork to deliver on guest expectations
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- Communicate with service advisor when additional repairs are needed or when repairs cannot be completed in the scheduled time period
- Inspect and test-drive new vehicles to ensure that all features function properly
- Work alongside skilled technicians to learn how to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs
- Previous Experience as an Automotive Technician and/or formal automotive training is a plus, but we will train!
- Willingness to learn with a strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
- Drug free
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and good driving record
- Team-oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Must pass pre-employment testing that could include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
- Display a commitment to learning new technologies within the rapidly changing automotive industry
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines